Friday, February 19, 2010

Book Review: Critical Choices That Change Lives: How Heroes Turn Tragedy into Triumph

CriticalChoices
Sports throws plentiful heroes. For me, there isn’t a more awe-inspiring image than Anil Kumble, The Muhammad Ali of Cricket, coming out to bowl with bandages wrapped around his head nursing his broken jaw!! So, when I saw  my childhood hero ,Rahul Dravid, reading this book as he waited for his turn to bat, I knew I had to buy this book. And boy, I wasn’t disappointed.

Everyone loves a hero. Everyone needs a hero —courageous, self-sacrificing people setting examples for all of us. We cheer them, cry for them and then tell tales of how we stood for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who taught us to hold on a second longer.  But who do heroes turn to when they need guidance and motivation ? Where do they find that inner strength to hang on for just a bit longer ? How do they persevere enough to know and attain success just around the bend ?  In this book, Daniel Castro tries to find answers to these questions and writes an amazing account of inspirational stories from every walk of like, from every corner of the world. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is on the verge of making a big decision in their lives.

One of the tags for this book on Amazon.com is “self-help”. I am not a big fan of this term and I strongly believe this book is so much more.  This book can inspire you to greatness within your limited capacity and even take you beyond. With interesting, life-changing anecdotes from leaders and heroes from all walks of life, I promise you’ll be  a changed person by the time you finish reading it.
I have used the word “inspire” a lot in this review and for good reason. If there is one thought with which you walk away after reading this book is – INSPIRED!

No comments:

Post a Comment